March 22, 2023 3:30 pm
This panel brings together experts in climate, urban heat islands, urban cool solutions, and policy development and implementation to discuss the future of urban overheating. Cities will have to face the dual threat of global warming and urban heat islands, exposing their citizens to elevated risk from extreme temperatures. The panel will tackle pressing questions including: what are the projections for extreme heat in cities? Which US and worldwide cities are the most affected? What are cities doing to mitigate and adapt? What novel materials and technologies can assist them?
- Elie Bou-Zeid, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Princeton University
- Anna Laura Pisello, Associate Professor of Environmental Applied Physics at University of Perugia, Italy
- Andrew Pershing, Director of Climate Science, Climate Central
- Christine Schell, Program Manager, NJ Department of Environmental Protection
- Gabriel Vecchi, Professor of Geosciences; Director, The High Meadows Environmental Institute; and Deput Directory, Cooperative Institute for Modeling the Earth System
Location: Frist 302
Cities and Temperature extremes event poster
See event website for additional details and how to view or participate.